Your Privacy Rights
What Information Newman Collect?
Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
• Phone Number
• Email Address
• Demographic information, such as age and gender
• Educational information, including the name of your high school and/or college/university (or anticipated college/university)
• Geographic Location, when combined with other personal information
• Text, images, messages, comments, photographs and/or videos (“User Content”)submitted and/or posted by you through the Newman App and/or website will be stored in our servers and other users of the Website and/or Newman App will be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public through your profile
• Other personal information volunteered by visitors during registration processes or through your use of the Website and/or Newman App
Non-Personal Information may also be recorded about our users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. Some examples of this are as follows:
• IP Address
• Geographic Location
• “Cookie" Information
• The website address, if any, that linked you to our Website and/or App
• The website address, if any, you leave our website to travel to
• Other anonymous site usage data
How Does Newman Collect Information?
We are constantly trying to make your experience the best possible. In order to provide the Services, improve upon, or offer additional product or service offerings, we may collect information in the following ways:
Information We Collect Directly From You.
• Communications You Initiate with Us: If you contact us by phone, email, live chat, Contact Us form, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference to help improve our Services to you.
• Information you provide by filing out forms or registering an account on our Website or Newman App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and/or Newman App, posting material and/or User Content, or requesting further services or assistance.
• User Content uploaded by you through the Services. You may provide User Content through the Newman App; you control how and when the User Content is uploaded to the Newman App. You agree that any User Content you provide shall not be pornographic, lewd or otherwise likely offensive, in Newman’s sole discretion, and we reserve the right to refuse access to our Services to any user who provides such User Content.
• Surveys, questionnaires, contests, or sweepstakes offered by Newman, and/or its third party contractors and completed by you.
Information We Collect Through Our Communications with You. When we send you emails, we may track whether or not you open them, so we can determine the best ways to peak your interest. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Services. Our Website may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. Some parts of our Services can be linked to other web-based accounts you have with third parties such as your Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter account (“Third Party Services"). If you link to Third Party Services from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Service. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Service, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Services. One thing we will never store is your Third Party Services password.
Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Website and/or Newman App, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, usage and log information, and the page you requested.
• Other technologies such as “log files,” "pixel tags" or "web beacons". When you access our Website and Newman App, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise). In addition, pages of our Website, Newman App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Third Party ID. We may allow you to use your IDs from third party website providers, including, without limitation, Google, Apple and/or Facebook ID, to set up an Account. If you wish to use these accounts you are taken to the applicable third party website to login to your account and this information is then shared with us for the sole purpose of setting up your Account.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Website and/or Newman App works for you.
Why Does Newman Collect Information and How Does Newman Use the Information We Collect?
We use information that we collect from and/or about you, including Personal Information to perform Services for you, to pursue our legitimate interests, and for other purposes, including:
• To provide our Services and their content to you and allow you to review our services, create an account or profile or register for services on the Website and Newman App.
• Part of our Services offered through the Newman App and/or Website involves collecting, storing, processing and otherwise using of User Content uploaded by you.
• We may also use Personal Information to communicate with you about new offers, features, products or services or to improve the services that we offer.
• To provide you with customer support and communication, and notices about your account.
• For analytical purposes, which may include generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services for operational and/or security purposes, measurement of effectiveness of our marketing activities, performance improvements, research, testing and other business purposes.
• To develop and improve our Services.
• To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Website and to provide other personalized content based upon the Services we provide to you to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
• To send you marketing information, service recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our Services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
• To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
How Do We Share Your Information?
• To third parties for the purpose for which you provide it. Newman provides an online community for high school students, college students and their respective colleges and universities to connect with such educational institutions’ campus ministries and members of such ministries. In providing the Services, Newman may provide your User Content, and other Personal Information, to other users and/or educational institutions and campus ministries in connection with providing the Services.
• To campus ministries at education institutions that may provide information of interest to you.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business service providers. We may share Personal Information collected through our Services with companies that perform services on our behalf, including companies that provide website development, hosting, payment processing and billing services.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of Newman assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Newman about our Website and/or Newman App users is among the assets transferred.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to a court order or subpoena; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. We reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement, governmental authorities and other third parties any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be harmful or unlawful, with or without providing notice to you
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Newman, our users and others for purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Non-Personal Information. We may share Non-Personal Information collected on our Services with service providers we do business with in order to better our Services. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information such as pixel tags, web beacons, or cookies as discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, provided that such aggregated data is anonymous and cannot be linked back to any individual. We may also disclose such aggregated, anonymized information and data that does not identify you or any other individual, without restriction.
Information You Share. Our Website, Newman App and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public on the Site. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them
Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your profile. Your profile is not public, but may be viewed by others users of the Newman App and/or Website. Content you post to the Website is also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Website, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information, User Content and other information stored and collected through our Services for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When your information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to securely dispose of and destroy your information collected through the Services.
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such Information.
Is My Information Secure?
We take your privacy seriously. Therefore we take several security measures to help keep your Personal Information safe including procedural and technological measures.
How Do I Opt Out?
You may opt-out of providing your Personal Information to the Newman App and/or Website at any time by uninstalling the Newman App and deleting your account. When you use our Services, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove your Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. If you have created an account, you can do this by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Newman Ministry, 1700 Pacific Ave., Suite, 2420, Dallas, TX 75201, to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we may locate your information. Under certain privacy laws you may have a right to access your Personal Information that we hold about you, however, your rights to access your Personal Information are not absolute. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. In addition, we may not accommodate a request to access or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct Personal Information, we shall explain why. For your information, removal of your Personal Information may impact our ability to provide you or your ability to use our Services.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com, or writing to us at write to us at Newman Ministry, 1700 Pacific Ave., Suite, 2420, Dallas, TX 75201. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we might locate your information. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.
Other Privacy Concerns.
Children’s Privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Services are not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information about users that are under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and prevent the user from further using our Services.
Users Outside of the United States
If you are a non U.S. user of the Services, by using our Services, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such transfer.
Monitoring and Enforcement.
In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information processed by us with by contacting us: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update: January 8, 2021.